Sunday, February 19, 2017

Need a new air pump

Hamsters are fine. Aquarium pumps typically don't fail "all at once", they just suddenly become much weaker for a while before actually failing. I noticed the bubble stream from the habitat was greatly reduced, down to just a meager trickle of small bubbles every few seconds.
 Because it's already like 15x the flow rate a single hamster requires, Scott was fine. It was just my cue to take him out of the water and go shopping for a new pump. This one has really lasted me a long-ass time. Here is the one I was using. It's expensive but the battery backup feature is a must, given that it's life-critical.

 I actually don't have two land cages, so George and Scott will need to cohabitate while I build a second one. I could use some donations for that new pump if any of you are feeling flush. I could rush out and buy a cheap normal air pump from petco, but the specific features of this battery backup model are really necessary for a project of this nature.

EDIT: Nope, they began fighting immediately when placed together. Evidently I need to drop what I'm doing and build a second enclosure right this minute. Oh well.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Hamsters swapped

...Because I mistakenly thought this was a month with 30 days in it. George is on land, Scott is underwater. Phone is having problems, pics/video when I get it fixed.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Hamsters swapped

On the 1st, just forgot to post about it. George is underwater, Scott's on land. Video soon.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

My struggle

I didn't make this, but I can relate. The establishment just isn't ready for subaquatic super-hamsters.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Video update for November 2nd, 2016


Hamsters swapped.

George is on land, Scott's underwater. Sorry for lack of updates on megahab, a lot has happened in my life. I'm making some decent money now, so I don't need donations as much as I used to, but I'm also moving and that plus a lot of other changes have me overloaded with stress and work. It's all positive overall, just a lot to deal with.

I will at some point soon have more free time to resume work on megahab. What's really holding up the show is the added complexity of putting a window in the lid, because the picture when I bought it lied about the lid being transparent. I can't really leave it with an opaque lid as no light would make it inside, but carving out an opening for a window, then adding it and making it water tight has really complicated this project.

I will be looking at buying a lexan window cut to the custom dimensions I need as soon as I have the time to think about stuff like that. Everything else is already bought, it's just a matter of assembling it after the window's installed.