Friday, November 21, 2014

New heater successfully installed in Hambase Alpha

It is now fit for all season use. It fogs up a little inside from the condensation but the silica gel prevents it from getting too bad. (EDIT: A few hours later the condensation is gone. The silica litter just needed time to absorb the moisture I guess.) The important thing is comfort though. And not having to spend the money to heat 100 gallons of water 24/7. 


I really do prefer this habitat, it's about as good as it gets for something that's a reasonable size to use in aquariums. I urge you to copy this one if you build you own, including using a reptile heater pad like I have as it did turn out to be vastly better than those little USB pads I was using before.


Cousteau lookin' cozy as fuck:








1 comment:

  1. I was recently considering getting a USB heating pad. I had heard that they are ok. But now that you are making these comments, I may not go through with it. I might as well get a good quality one. I am glad you found what works best for you. I like to keep my little guys happy as possible.

    Ambrose @ Brown & Reaves Services, Inc.

    ReplyDelete